ОГЛЕДИ И СТУДИЈЕ
HISTORY AND DANGER OF SOCIALISM: RETURN TO TRIBALISM
My task here is to present something as a brief historical recapitulation and reminder of the project of socialism as well as the main ideas that are standing in background of this, for a great number of people, very attractive ideology. On an example from the work of Murray Rothbard but within another context and with the help of theoretical apparatus built in philosophy of Immanuel Kant, this article is rendering thesis that there are no good ideas that are not functioning in practice due to the valid definition of “good idea” which says that something like that is not possible. At the end of the article, I will hopely show why there are no good ideas that are not working thanks to socialism, and why socialism is in an essential way premodern theory.
- Berlin, Isaiah. Liberty: Incorporating Four Essays on Liberty. Oxford: Oxford Univeristy Press, 2002.
- Friedman, Milton. Capitalism and Freedom: Fortieth Anniversary Edition. Chicago: Universtity of Chicago Press, 2002.
- Hayek, F. A. The Constitution of Liberty. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1960.
- Hayek, F. A. The Road to Serfdom, Routledge, 2001
- Hobbes, Thomas. Leviathan: Or the Matter, Forme, and Power of a Commonwealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil. New York: Thouchstone, 2008.
- Kant, Immanuel, Kritik der reinen Vernuft, Druct und Verlag von Philipp Reclam jun, Leipzig, 1878.
- Kant, Immanuel. Kritik der praktischen Vernunft, Meiner Verlag, 2003
- Locke, John. Two Treatises of Government, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2008
- Machan, Tibor. The Libertarian Reader. New Jersey: Rowman and Littlefield, 1982.
- Manent, Pierre. Intellectual History of Liberalism. New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 1996.
- Mises, Ludwig von. Socialism An Economic and Sociological Analysis. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1962.
- Mises, Ludwig von, Liberalism In the Classic Tradition, The Foundation for Economic Education, Inc, Irvington-on-Hudson, New York, 1985.
- Novakovic, Aleksandar “The Philosophies of Freedom”, Serbian Political Thought, Institute for Political Studies, Belgrade, 2008.
- Rand, Ayn. Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal. New York: Signet, 1986.
- Ricardo, David. The Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, Dover Publications, 2004.
- Rothbard, Murray. Ethics of Liberty. New York: NYU Press, 2003.
- Smith, Adam. Wealth of Nations, Random House, New York, 1994.
- Strauss, Leo. Natural Right and History. Chicago: University Of Chicago Press, 1999.