Serbian Political Thought
Administrative Procedures and Protection of Property Rights in Serbia
Besides the general administrative procedure stipulated in detail in the Law on General Administrative Procedure, there are numerous special administrative procedures in the Republic of Serbia, contained in sectoral laws that regulate certain areas. This is the case in the field of property-related legal affairs e.g. in connection with nationalization, expropriation, colonization, restitution, etc. The purpose of this paper is to provide an analysis of special administrative procedures and their „reflections” on the exercise of the right of citizens to peaceful enjoyment of their property, as well as procedures providing for the possibility that the state in the public interest restrict this right. Also, the analysis should determine how this special legal regime affects the efficient and effective exercise of the right to peaceful enjoyment of property on the one hand and on the other what is the real scope of administrative-procedural protection.
- Avci, M.(2014) „A Study on Confiscation without Expropriation in the Turkish Law“, Law & Justice Review, 5(1): pp. 148-165.
- Boanta, Ploeçteanu, N. (2010) „About the Necessity of a New Law on Expropriation by Public Utilities“, Curentul Juridic, 6(42): pp. 103-108.
- Vulic, M. (2015) „Nacionalizacija građevinskog zemljišta“, Pravniživot, 64(10), pp. 505-523.
- Zagajski, (2008) „Zaštita prava vlasništva u postupcima izvlaštenja pred Europskim sudom za ljudska prava“. In: Zbornik radova Pravnog fakulteta u Splitu, 45(3), pp. 505-523.
- Milkov, D. (2011) „Eksproprijacija između privatnog i javnog“, Anali Pravnog fakulteta u Beogradu, LIX(2), pp. 43-62.
- Milenković, D. (2013) Javna uprava odabrane teme. Čigoja štampa Fakultet političkih nauka.
- Morvai, K., „Retroactive Justice based on International Law: A Recent Decision by the Hungarian Constitutional Court“, East European Constitutional Review, 4: pp. 32-34.
- Redyy S., Gabharran, H. L. (1990) „Expropriation Law: The South African Scenario“, Town & Regional Planning Journal, 29: pp. 22-25.
- Rose, M. C. (2000) „Property and Expropriation: Themes and Variations in American Law“, Utah Law Review, 52(1), pp. 1-38.
- Staničić, (2015) „Opće uređenje izvlašća u Njemačkoj pouke za Hrvatsku”, Pravni vjesnik, 31(3-4): pp. 185-212.
- Šajin, D. (2010) Seoske utrine i pašnjaci, SKGO.
- Herber, R. (2015) „On the Importance of Expropriation in the Roman Empire and in Modern Europe“, European Scientific Journal, 11(1), pp. 1-18.
- Williams, C. R. (2007) The Contemporary Right to Property Restitution in the Context of Transitional Justice, International Center for Transitional Justice.
- Zaleczna, M., Havel M. (2008) „The Institutional Changes, Social Capital and Old Expropriation Consequences in Poland“, Nordic Journal of Surveying and Real Estate Research (Special Series) 176-188.
Laws and jurisprudence:
- Council of Europe, European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, 1950, Protocol no. 1. Paris, 20 March 1952.
- Constitution of the Republic of Serbia, „Official Gazette of the RS“, 98/06.
- Law on Administrative Disputes, „Official Gazette of the RS“ 111/09.
- Law on determination of the public interest and special procedures of expropriation and issuance of a building permit for realization of the Project „Belgrade Waterfront“, „Official Gazette of the RS“ 34/2015. 103/2015.
- Law on Expropriation, „Official Gazette of the RS“ 53/95, „Official Gazette of the FRY“, no. 16/01 decision of the FCC, no. 2009 and 55/13 decision of the CC.
- Law on the method and the terms of recognition and restitution of land that has been transformed into social property on the basis of the agricultural land fund and confiscation due outstanding liabilities from the compulsory purchase of agricultural products, „Official Gazette of the RS“ 18/91, 20/92, 42/98.
- Law on restitution of pastures to villages to use, „Official Gazette of the RS“, no. 16/92.
- Law on conditions and manner of restitution of property acquired by work and business of cooperatives after 1 July 1953, „Official Gazette of the RS“, no. 46/90.
- Law on restitution of property to churches and religious communities, „Official Gazette of the RS“ no. 46/06.
- Law on Agricultural Land, „Official Gazette of the RS“, no. 62/06, 65/08, 41/09. 112/15.
- Law on Property Restitution and Compensation, „Official Gazette of the RS“, no. 72/11, 108/13, 88/15-dec. CC.
- Supreme Court of Serbia, Judgment Rev. 1086/96, 3.1996.
- Agency for Restitution, Glossary of nationalization and denationalization, [Online]. Available at: http://www.restitucija.gov.rs/pojmovnik-restitucije.php. Accessed: October 10, 2016.